What else can be found on the islands besides architecture?
If you stay a little longer on the islands, it is preferred to get to know the unique life of the former industrial community and the diverse nature of the island.
- The Town Hall also has an excellent cafe, a changing art exhibition, a library, a secondhand book store, a barber-hair salon, and the Päijänne Natural Heritage Foundation (PLUPS) office.
- In Juurikkasaari, you can enjoy the atmosphere of the yacht harbor, a hearty lunch, and the food of the beach bar – a swimming beach with water equipment is also at your disposal.
- The former harbour beach has a shallow sandy swimming spot.
- In the harbor, you can taste beers from the local Aalto Brewery.
- The supermarket is open from morning to night. There is also a Pharmacy in the same building.
- There is a pizzeria, an ATM, a bicycle rental shop, a design shop, and a flower shop in the address Parviaisentie 3–5.
- The restaurant-bar Luotsivene serves food, drinks and often also some evening program.