The Aalto Residency is an international residency program focused on architecture and design. The program is housed at the Säynätsalo Town Hall, designed by Alvar Aalto. We welcome all professionals and students to ask us to tailor a residency stay at the Town Hall.
During the off-season (October-April)
- One week stay (7 days): 400 €
- Two weeks stay (14 days): 700 €
- One month stay (30 days): 900 €
The fee includes:
- private accommodation in one of our apartments
- cleaning once a week, linen and towels
- sauna twice a week (Wed, Sat)
- use of washing machine
- working space
- traveling costs
- living costs
An additional program available:
- visits to Alvar Aalto sites in Jyväskylä
- visits to Alvar Aalto archives
An additional program available in October and April:
- tour to Seinäjoki, Kauttua, Villa Mairea, Paimio
- any tour requested
Don't hesitate to send your application and questions to us!
Tell us the time period you would like to stay at the Town Hall.
Answer in your application the following questions briefly.
- Please describe why you especially want to come to this residency.
- What kind of project will you work on? Please note that Aalto Residency doesn’t offer tutoring or topics for projects. However, we co-operate with Alvar Aalto Foundation.
- Do you already have some connection to Alvar Aalto’s design and architecture?
Managing Director Harri Taskinen
Tavolo Bianco Oy
+358 40 197 1091